Here’s what you need to know about Glamping in Bear Lake:
- Conestoga Ranch is in Garden City along the shores of Bear Lake. (Also known as the “Caribbean of the Rockies”)
- Golf cart service for your luggage from your car to your tent – no need to haul everything on your own.
- Some tents have bathrooms, some don’t. If you don’t reserve a tent with a full bathroom, there are VERY CLEAN (and very nice) facilities (bathrooms and showers) that you’ll have access to. They are cleaned three times a day.
- You can grab food at the Campfire Grill or make your own. (There are picnic tables, fire pits, and grills)
- The food at Campfire Grill? Amazing. EVERYTHING we tried was so good. We did get a little nuts with the chocolate chip cookie in a skillet dessert. Pace yourselves.
- Can you go in the fall? Yes, through October 2nd (2016). It’s a little chilly at night but they’ve got you covered (electric blankets and space heaters in tents etc.) We bundled up and were totally warm. The daytime temps were PERFECT!
- Their season usually runs from May-October
- The lake? You can see it from the resort and drive there in less than 5 minutes.
- Want to go with friends? It’s the perfect location for a trip with family friends or a family reunion. There are a variety of accommodations for varying budgets. We are booking the conestoga wagons with friends next summer and the resort will actually circle your wagons next to each other!
- Want a tent with all of the bells and whistles? (Full bathroom, bunk beds, the works?) Check out our tent – it sleeps 8!
Recommended for You
- Want to light a fire? They’ll actually come up and light it for you! (They also provide a big bucket of water next to the fire for you to put it out AND they cruise the resort each night and double check everyone’s fire pit)
- It’s in Utah. Easy road trip for our friends along the Wasatch Front – but it’s also about a 2 hour drive from the SLC airport and Conestoga Ranch has guests from all over the world.
- The people on staff were amazing and were from all over the world.
- Would we do it again? Yes. Yes. Yes. Our kids absolutely LOVED it.
Want more info? Check out glamping in Bear Lake: ConestogaRanch.com
Disclosure: Conestoga Ranch invited us up to stay for one night. We were not compensated for any other piece of this post. All of these opinions are our own — PLEASE INVITE US BACK CONESTOGA!