Every single person I know who has ever been to Disney has come back a churro addict.
And that’s fair. Is there anything more iconic than a churro in one hand and a Dole Whip in the other while waiting for your favorite ride? I submit that there is not.
And now, you get to indulge that cinnamon + sugar addiction at home—thanks to Disney sharing their famous Churro Bites (or Tots) recipe!
Disney’s Churro Tots Recipe
· 1 cup water
· 8 tablespoons butter
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
· 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
· 3 eggs
· 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
· ½ cup sugar
1. Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
6. Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
7. Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
8. Drain churro bites on paper towel.
9. Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.