Listen. It’s all going to be okay. Captain Marvel is coming. And word on the street is that she’s going to be a big part of fixing that unholy mess that we were left with at the end of Avengers: Infinity War.
If you didn’t see Avengers: Infinity War, I’m not going to spoil it for you, but I will tell you that I cried REAL TEARS and I have questions and need answers and so help me Captain Marvel better be rolling up in here with a lightsaber* and a time-turner* to undo all that gut-wrenching mayhem.
This trailer has it all…
- Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, appearing to have, oh, I don’t know, every single superpower we’ve seen on screen.
- Young Nick Fury
- Young Phil Coulson (Shout out to all my Agents of SHIELD fans, yo!)
- An cinematic homage to Top Gun.
- A Blockbuster Video! (Remember Blockbuster? Ahhh, good times.)
- Oh, HI JUDE LAW.
- Lots of badass lady vibes. Which I am here for. Let’s all go see it so we can get our Black Widow Movie and maybe one all about the Dora Milaje and a dozen more Wonder Woman* films.
CHECK IT OUT SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.
The pager! The one Nick Fury uses to type “WITH TARGET” look familiar? A jazzed up version that appeared in the post credits scene of Avengers: Infinity War and displayed a simple logo—Captain Marvel’s logo!
2019 is going to be a big year! If you need me, I’ll be at the movies.
*Listen, Star Wars Fanboys, do not come for me guns blazing and lecture me about lightsabers not being part of the Marvel Universe. I KNOW. Star Wars is in my blood and I know more stuff than you.
*Time-Turner is from Harry Potter. I know. I’m a Hufflepuff. That's why it's funny.
*Wonder Woman is from the DC Universe, but our most beloved Diana belongs in every universe so someone please get on that.
Also if we’re going to cross Marvel and DC streams would not turn down a movie that featured both Superman and Captain America. And neither would you.