Have you made your reservations for DC Restaurant week? Beginning this week, the 2014 winter week long foodie fest runs from January 13-19.
It’s nice to check out somewhere everyone’s been raving about without the high dinner tab. Organized by Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW), more than 200 restaurants will feature prix fixe menus. Prices are $20.14 for lunch and $35.14 for dinner for three-course meals, excluding tax and gratuity.
Baltimore, Annapolis, Frederick, Howard County and Alexandria will also be hosting restaurant weeks throughout the winter/early spring. Save the dates and make reservations soon if you’re planning to hit up one of the more popular spots.
Some of our favorites have been J&G Steakhouse (super convenient to downtown museums), Filomena (tucked away in Georgetown, you can watch them making fresh pasta in the window). Rosa Mexicano (Penn Quarter) makes some of the best guacamole you will find in the DC area.
DC Restaurant Week is the perfect remedy to the cold (and long) winter days. I hope we’ll be able to get out and sample something delicious during the next week.
Anyone want to babysit?
2014 DC Restaurant Week Information
- January 13-19,2014
- Presented biannually by Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington in January and August
- More than 200 restaurants offer a three-course lunch for $20.14 or dinner for $35.14
- Find a restaurant by neighborhood, name, or cuisine and check out menus– Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Week
- Tips: Book your reservations early– you may not get into your first (or second) choice if you’re planning for dinner on Saturday at 7 p.m. A few restaurants will offer the promotional menu beyond the 19th– check when making your reservations or on the restaurant’s website.
Upcoming Restaurant Weeks Beyond DC
- Howard County– January 13-27, 2014. More information- Visit Howard County
- Alexandria– January 17- 26, 2014. $35 for a dinner for two, or a three-course prix fixe menu. More Information- Extraordinary Alexandria
- Baltimore– February 16-23, 2014. Three-course dinner for $30 (or $20 at some restaurants); Two-course lunches for $15. Check out updated Baltimore Restaurant Week menus and make reservations in the coming weeks.
- Annapolis– February 24-March 2, 2014. Three-course dinner for $32.95, two-course lunch for $15.95 and two-course breakfasts (at select restaurants) for $12.95. Make reservations, check out menus and more at Annapolis Restaurant Week.
- Frederick– March 3-9, 2014. Three-course dinners for $30.13 (two-course dinners for $20.13), three-course lunches for $20.13 (two for $15.13). More information- Frederick Restaurant Week.
Stay Warm Until Spring: Indoor DC Activities
- Head over to the Library of Congress to check out their Young Readers Center. They host a toddler story time each Friday morning
- Check out the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum near Dulles Airport– your little one will love roaming around the giant planes, helicopters and space shuttle
- Take a tour of the U.S. Capitol– even if you can’t score a Dome Tour with little ones in tow
- Test your creative skill (and patience) and make Valentines Cards with your littles