Seriously, how handy is THAT?
One of my ultra-disaster prep friends is crazed about this, but I like the concept for two reasons.
1-What a great money-saver to re-grow your own foods in a small garden space
2-That’s just so COOL.
Anyway, growing your own veggies is a good way to make sure you’re not feeding the offspring something packed with pesticides and such. Find complete directions linked with each category, thanks to the creative minds at Wake Up World.com.
5 Veggies You Can Regrow From Kitchen Scraps
1. Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes both re-grow nicely in a limited amount of soil.
Recommended for You
2. Leeks, Scallions and Fennel can all be re-grown in jars on the kitchen windowsill.
3. Celery, Cabbage, Bok Choy sprout beautifully from their original stems.
4. Mushrooms don’t need light or much room, and they’re densly packed with nutrients.
5. Garlic and Onions are surpringly some of the easiest veggies to re-grow and have one of the shortest growing times.