With both a toddler and an infant, many nearby DFW adventures like Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor and Great Wolf Lodge have been bookmarked for our “Five-Year Old Bucket List.” It’s not that these attractions don’t have some things for the smaller kiddos, but I just don’t want to linger the “cookie” in front of them and then say, “not yet, honey.” (And to be terribly honest, I don’t want to have to pay the “big kids” price to only get to take advantage of a small part of the activities.) However, after an afternoon at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, I learned that there are actually a lot more things to do for my younger kids – including a new feature at the resort called Wake up with Wiley and Friends.
Starting mid-June, Wake Up with Wiley and Friends Character Breakfast is a fun way to start the day at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. (Photo courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge.)
Entertaining a toddler can be taxing, tiring and terrific – all at the same time. And after speaking with a great Great Wolf ambassador, I learned there’s a lot to do and see at Great Wolf at all times of the day – without changing my kids’ schedule and is perfect just for them.
- Depending on what time of day you arrive, you’ll be able to start things immediately with the main attraction – the water park. It had tons of things for all of us to do together and only a few of the larger slides were not an option (and to be honest, they didn’t even notice!) It wasn’t like there was a little pool and then some splash toys, there were lots of fun things for them to enjoy.
- A daily Wolf Walk (typically at 9am) and Clock Tower Show (typically at 10am, 8pm and 9pm) that’s created just for youngsters.
- Catch some fun at the Cub Club that has some great interactive activities throughout the day.
- Scooops (yes with three letter ‘o’ s) Kids Spa was absolutely precious with it’s ice cream manicures and decor.
- The best way to end the day is with Story Time. Pull out the PJs and enjoy winding down the evening in the lobby at 7 & 8 PM.
- Now while I was really looking forward to MagiQuest, I was advised that while there are many ways to enjoy the magic wand throughout the park, this activity was best suited for kids at the reading age OR a parent who really wants to be an interactive partner rather than an observer. (For that recommendation I was truly thankful to have something else to look forward to when he does get older.)
- And “move over, Mickey” because beginning mid-June, toddlers will get the chance to start the day the right way at Great Wolf with Wiley and Friends. The character breakfast dining experience will be offered to guests as well as the public with a breakfast buffet, character appearances and photog opportunities galore.
Now while I only spent a few hours at the park, I decided that among our many staycations planned for the summer, I definitely could move Great Wolf to the “we can do this now” list. And just in case you’ve been considering if Great Wolf is on your family’s must-do list this summer, they are offering many special deals including – 15% off any suite style when you book Sunday-Thursday, June 4-July 26. Just enter promo code: SUMMERSAVE. This offer is only bookable until June 29.
Now maybe I can actually take my kids to a trip at Great Wolf and try these all out! Hope you can too.