Why is it there, and where did it come from?
During this spooky time of year, it’s fun to learn about Utah Mysteries and Urban Legends. What are some of your favorite urban legends surrounding Utah? Leave a comment below and tell us! Below are a few of my favorites. Click on the title to read all about that legend:
- The Antelope Springs Footprint
- Bear Lake Monster
- Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid (There is a man named Hyrum Beebe that claims he was The Sundance Kid. He is buried at the Salt Lake City Cemetery. Visit his grave on a self-guided tour of the Salt Lake Cemetery.)
- Emo’s Grave
- Gravity Hill
- What became of Jean Baptiste, Salt Lake City Cemetery Grave Robber?
- Lost Rhoades Mine
- Mt Timpanogos “Sleeping Princess”
- Saltair Sally – UPDATE! Remains have been identified
- What is the “13” on top of the mountain above Tooele?
- Why does the Great Salt Lake stink?
- 666 Victim of the Beast Grave – There is a grave at the Salt Lake City Cemetery marked “666 Victim Of The Beast”. What do you think it means? Leave your theories below!
Why does the Great Salt Lake stink?