There is so much for your children to see, hear and do when you board the plane and are transported straight to China in this exciting new exhibit.
- Sure to be a highlight for animal-loving kids, visit the Chengdu Giant Panda Research Center where your kids can pretend play as panda keepers – feeding, weighing, and caring for baby pandas.
- Let your kids cook up an authentic Chinese meal for you in the restaurant where they can use pretend play to cook and serve Chinese foods.
- Learn about the Chinese Art of Tea. Sit down at the table and have your child serve you some tea.
- Explore the different Chinese arts like silk embroidery, painting, shadow puppets and calligraphy. There’s even a calligraphy shop where your kids can practice drawing Chinese characters. My son loved drawing on the cement floor with water and a giant calligraphy brush.
- Wander through the Chinese family homes where you’ll meet four generations of a typical family from the Fujian Province in China.
- In the Medicine Shop, kids can help the pharmacist fill prescriptions for herbal remedies using a touchscreen. Kids can also learn about acupuncture points in the hand which connect with other parts of the body.
- Visit the Opera House where kids can explore the make-up, masks and costumes that work to make the Opera a spectacular visual treat.
- Play familiar looking instruments like Chinese bells and drums or try different instruments like the guzhong or a pipa.
Take Me There China lives up to the promise to give children a better understanding and respect for Chinese culture. Children have so many different ways in which to absorb the many fascinating aspects of the Chinese culture, you must make sure to visit soon. This exhibit is included with admission to the Children’s Museum.