Whether you’re looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway for two, or a perfect spot to hold your next corporate event, you will find just what you want at La Costa Resort and Spa. Besides the fact that it is driving distance from the surf, sand and all the fab tourist spots that San Diego has to offer, the property itself is a haven for relaxation and recreation, with no need to leave.
After enjoying the resort this past weekend for a mini staycation with my family, here is my list of
NINE REASONS WHY LA COSTA RESORT IS THE PERFECT VACATION DESTINATION
1) The Family Pool – Complete with water slides, water fountain splash pads, and a 3’ kiddie pool/sand bar, the La Costa Resort kid pool is like a big water park inside the resort. Not to mention, the hamburgers from the cabana grill are to die for.
2) The Adults Only Pool – The resort’s latest addition, set to open in the next few weeks, is reserved for adults only and features a café, bar, fire pits, and three infinity edge jacuzzis that overlook the golf course. I will be hiring a sitter and making a trip back to the resort asap once that pool opens.
3) The Spa – Oh wow, the spa. From the Roman Waterfalls to the Reflexology Path, this spa is like none other you’ve seen.
4) The Staff – Our bellman was a perfect example of the considerate, cordial and helpful staff. Not only was his name Shonz, which is just wicked cool, but he also didn’t laugh at the way I haphazardly packed all fifteen bags, worked me a deal with the DVR for our kids movies, and then remembered my name for the entire weekend. Who doesn’t love a place where everybody knows your name?
5) The Chopra Center and Premier Fitness – The entire resort is dedicated to health and wellness (be sure to try their antioxidant mojitos) and therefore fun activities run a plenty. Whether you are in the mood for a boot camp with the Premier Fitness Camp coaches or some soul searching with Deepak Chopra, La Costa has an avenue to help. (Be sure to inquire about your complimentary workout with a Premier Fitness Coach).
6) Ahi Tacos – These were served at one of our evening events and they are to die for. They are served only at the member-only venues however, which is reason enough to become a member. All of the food we had for the entire weekend was fresh and delish. They even have their own herb garden in the spa area to ensure the freshness of the products.
7) Coco Mango Bath Products – The hotel bath products that are provided in all the guest rooms and in the spa are a magical blend of coco and mango. You will smell good, that is for certain.
8) The Market – Every resort has a little market where you can buy various and sundry items, but this market is number one in my book because not only do they serve Starbucks drinks, but they also serve Moo Time ice cream. Sa-Weet! They also have a table with iPads available for public use and a large flat screen TV with sports or news playing so you can check up on your fave sports team or the latest hot topics while sipping a latte and shopping for the toothpaste that you left at home.
9) Kidtopia – My kids have not stopped talking about Kidtopia since we got home. It is a literally a utopia for kids and will keep them busy and happy while you are enjoying the adult pool, the 36 hole golf course, or the spa.
The renovations to the property have taken this property to the next level. It is the perfect vacation destination for couples, families or big groups. CLICK HERE to see my video montage of our weekend stay, including our group hug with Chris Noth and footage of our workout with Jillian Michaels, and CLICK HERE to read more about the hotel and to book your stay.
Disclaimer: My family and I were treated to a wonderful weekend at La Costa Resort and Spa for their preview weekend. No blog posts were requested of me, but I was so impressed with the facilities, their renovations and the entire weekend that I felt compelled to write about them. Seriously. Amazing.