You may still visit parts of the museum at no cost, including The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park: 100 Acres. Your best option if you visit at least a couple times a year is to purchase a membership. However, the IMA continues to offer free admission on the first Thursday of each month from 4-9 pm throughout the year.
Additional free admission days include:
- National Museum Day – Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- Summer Solstice – Saturday, June 20, 2015
- Autumn Equinox – Saturday, September 19, 2015
- National Garden Day – Saturday, October 3, 2015
- Silent Night – Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Winter Solstice – Thursday, December 17, 2015
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration – Sunday, January 17, 2016
Recommended for You
Free admission days often include special events including activities for children and families. Check the Indianapolis Museum of Art website for details.