Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park is nestled in beautiful French Lick but to be honest, we didn’t spend time venturing outside of the water park.
Disclosure: I was provided passes and an overnight stay for my family at Big Splash Adventure to facilitate this review.
Here is what we loved about our stay:
- We loved the temperature of the indoor water park. I really liked not needing to worry about sunblock or my kids shivering. Although there is an outdoor pool, we spent the majority of the time indoors and my tiny girls who have zero body fat never once complained about being cold. This was a huge plus for our family.
- I was glad that the smaller water slides didn’t empty into a pool so my young kids could go on the slides without any problem. They were so happy and proud to go by themselves. And considering they went a million times, it was nice to sit down on a chair and let them go again and again to their heart’s content.
- Staying at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park and Resort makes it easy to come and go if you need a rest. They also make it easy for you by giving you a wristband that serves not only as your key to the room but also your wallet (it’s attached to your credit card). It seems like something small but I loved not needing to worry about my room key and my wallet!
Recommended for You
Here are some helpful hints for your stay:
- It can get pretty crowded and lines can be long but it was never too overwhelming for us. At peak times and days, you may have to wait to find a tube. However, we went both late at night (after 7 pm) and early right at opening (9:30 am) and there were no crowds and we would recommend going at those times to have short or no wait for slides.
- There is a free breakfast for those that stay at the hotel. It is served in the restaurant so although it is free, remember that you will have a server and gratuity is appreciated.
- You don’t need to worry about towels for the water park if you stay at the hotel. Day pass visitors will need to bring their own towels.
- There isn’t a fridge in the hotel room so plan accordingly if that is something you usually expect.
But the biggest tip I’ll leave you with is this coupon for Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park and Resort for for $4 off up to 4 day passes or $20 off an overnight stay.