5. Cooler Weather: This has been particularly appreciated since I’m pregnant and this summer was exceptionally hot for me! Bring on the cool weather and the lovely breezes!
4. Back-to-School Deals: We had a lot of fun during the tax-free weekend shopping for new clothes and school supplies. We bought the new baby lots of cute boy outfits which the girls loved helping me pick out. We also have at least a year’s supply of crayons (probably more like a 5 years’ supply!) What great deals did you find on tax-free weekend?
3. Labor Day celebrations: We enjoyed Harrogate City’s Labor Day festival complete with bouncy houses, face-painting and lots of fireworks. Next year I’m hoping we get to attend Knoxville’s Boomsday Celebration.
Recommended for You
2. Greek Festivals: I absolutely love Greek food and always have a blast at Greek festivals. And since they tend to be in the fall, it’s a match made in heaven for me! GreekFest 2010 will be held October 8-10.
1. Fairs: We attended our county’s fair at the end of August and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We saw the quilts, the art and the food entered in the fair. We enjoyed yummy fair food with two rounds of sno-cones! We loved the unlimited access to rides (I generously donated my ride bracelet to our youngest, Elli, since I’m in no conditioned to be jostled on the Tilt-a-Whirl!) and the demolition derby. This week is the Tennessee Valley Fair in Knoxville. It runs through Sunday Sept. 19.
Fall is my favorite time of year and these events prove why. After the heat of the summer, it’s nice to cool off and enjoy some great fun outdoors. What do you do to enjoy fall?