But if all you are responsible for is, say, the sweet potatoes, you might be up for an early morning run. Here are links to Salt Lake Area Thanksgiving Day Races for 2013:
- Place: Millcreek Canyon, starts at Olympus Hills Mall.
- Entry Fee: 5K is $25, after November 21st $30. Kids 1K is $20.
- Start time: 8:30 a.m. 1K and 9:00 a.m. 5K.
- Notes: Bring a canned food item to donate to the Road Home.
Recommended for You
- Place: Starts at VF Factory Outlets in Draper.
- Entry Fee: Through November 25th– 5 K is $20 per person and $15 per person for groups of 5 to 10. 10 K is $25 per person and $20 per person for groups of 5 to 10. Price goes up $10 per entry on November 27th.
- Time: 7:30 a.m. for 10K and 8:00 a.m. for 5K.
- Notes: Every sponsorship and registration dollar goes to benefit the Utah Food Bank.
- Place: Starts at the Capitol and finishes at Memory Grove.
- Entry Fee: 6K is $25, after November 21st $30. Kids 1K is $15.
- Time: 8:30 a.m. 1K and 9:00 a.m. 6K.
- Notes: T-shirts no longer available.
- Place: Starts at Cottonwood Heights Rec Center.
- Entry Fee: Before November 17th, $25 adults and $20 ages 11 and under. $30 and $25 if you register the week of the race.
- Time: 9:00 a.m.
- Notes: The average temperature of this race through the years has been 36 degrees!
Consider the Thanksgiving Day Races a pre-emptive strike against the stuffing and pumpkin pie later that afternoon.