Halloween is just around the corner, so I thought you guys would enjoy this fun and easy Mummy Mason Jar craft! If you know me at all, I am NOT a crafty person. My mom is, but somehow the gene skipped me 🙂 So, that being said, if I can make these adorable Mummy Mason Jars – I promise that you can too. Plus, they are very inexpensive to make!
What You Need:
- Black Spray Paint – I used Rust-Oleum Gloss Protective Enamel, it was about $4 at my local store
- Mason Jars – I got a 12-pack at Target for under $9
- White Ribbon – I looked in my Christmas bin and just grabbed some gift ribbon
- Googly eyes if desired – You can get a bunch of these at any craft store….or ask a friend that’s a teacher – that’s what I did 😉
How to make a Mummy Mason Jar:
- Spray the entire jar black – I recommend doing this OUTSIDE
- Once the jar is dry, wrap it in white ribbon. Use hot glue or super glue to secure the ends of the ribbon to the jar
- Glue on googly eyes
You can display it on your mantel with spider webs and fake insects for an extra spooky affect – or get plastic (or real!) flowers and spray paint them black or white and use it as a vase.
Looking for more fun ideas for Fall Mason Jars? Head over to my blog Having Fun Saving and get the tutorials on how to make all of these fun Fall Jars!
What are some of your favorite DIY Fall Crafts?
This Halloween Milk Jug Pumpkin Craft is another easy craft – and the kids can help!