This is a free activity for families of all ages. (Watch a short video of how excited my kids get year after year doing this scavenger hunt!)
Go to the Gardner Village website to download the Elf Scavenger Hunt, then head down to Gardner Village at 1100 West 7800 South in West Jordan to find all the elves.
This is one of our favorite family traditions for many reasons:
- Even though it’s outside, there are many cute little shops around the village to duck into and warm up for a minute. We get a lot of our Christmas shopping done while we are there. In my family, the kids draw names and pick one of their cousins to buy a gift for. When we buy those gifts at Gardner Village, we know that it’s going to be something unique that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Treats, treats and more treats! With shops like Taste, Naborhood Bakery, and Sweet Aftons, there is never a shortage of goodies! (Side note: We went to a different shopping center a few weeks ago, and was appalled at the lack of food places! You definitely don’t have that problem at Gardner Village!)
- We love having lunch or dinner at Archibald’s after finishing the scavenger hunt.
- I love teaching my kids about Utah history, and it’s fun to read the information about each building while doing the elf hunt. Each shop is housed in a historical building relocated from somewhere around Utah.
- Because of how cute the village is decorated for the holidays, the pictures I take of my kids doing the hunt turn out so festive! (Note: This is also a great place to have your family photos taken for your Christmas card! They do, however, require that photographers check in at the main office.)
More fun events for families this season:
- Echoes of Christmas
- Willard Bay Christmas Lights
- Sacred Gifts Exhibit at BYU Museum of Art
- List of Utah Holiday Events 2013