And with a little careful planning, your family (or maybe just mom if she can steal the time) can have a packed weekend of education, pampering and style! So get out your Iphone and put these in your calendar now.
Friday:Lia sophia Mobile Jewelry Party
It’s time to get pampered and get your chance to win $1,000 in jewelry! For two days the ladies of Dallas are invited to
the first ever lia sophia mobile jewelry party to the city (think food truck with jewelry!) Come with your friends and check out the hottest jewelry, be entertained by DJ Quality // Control around all while enjoying complementary mini manicures and makeup touch-ups by NYX Cosmetics. It will be a day full of fun, fashion, music and more.
The Shops at Park Lane – 8070 Park Lane, Dallas, Texas 75321
*West parking lot at the north west corner
Friday, April 20: Noon – 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 21: 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Saturday Morning:The Dallas Flea
Most people fall into two categories: those who love flea markets and those who won’t ever step foot in one. No matter your label, I think everyone should experience The Dallas Flea. A favorite of mine from its inception, this indoor event includes unique jewelry, furniture, apparel and other goods from some of Dallas’ trendiest companies along with music, sweets and even free parking with your $5 admission. It’s just the perfect size to enjoy without being overwhelmed and from my own experience; it won’t be a waste of time. My personal favorite find: my $60 Tony Lamas vintage cowboy boots from Cowgirl Cuties. I’ll be buying more of these and you will too!
Recommended for You
Southside Lamar – 1409 South Lamar Street, Dallas, TX
9 am – 4 pm
$5, Kids 12 and under are free
Saturday Afternoon:Earth Day Dallas
I’ve never been to this event and until last week it wasn’t even on my radar (at least not until I heard Amos Lee was
playing and Former First Lady Laura Bush was speaking). Designed to focus on none other than Earth on Earth Day, it’s a big event with a lot going on and best of all, it’s free. Since I have no first-hand knowledge, I’m going straight from the website, which looks amazing:
- The heart of the festival is the Eco Expo, and exhibitors will use their presence to promote their achievements as green leaders, and teach attendees how to take environmentally responsible action by better utilizing available resources, switching to eco-friendly products, or joining their organizations.
- Green Talk Speaker Series with topics including water, global warming and the future sustainability of North Texas
- Artfully Green Film Series
- Family Zone featuring Radio Disney and hands-on environmental activities
- University Row with over 20 universities and colleges
- Live music at the Band Shell featuring Amos Lee
- Home & Garden Workshop corner demonstrating composting, rainwater harvesting, and green money-saving tips
- Earth Yoga
- Picnic for the Planet: Help break the world’s record for the largest, simultaneous global picnic!
- DFW Truck Farm 5K Fun Run
- Live BMX shows
- Dallas Urban Debate Alliance environmental, student debates
- Dance Performances
Basically, I can’t tell you that there’s any other better place in Dallas to be on Earth Day than Earth Day Dallas. I hope to see you there.
10 am – 6 pm
Fair Park, Dallas