On a sunny day– or a cloudy, rainy day. Runners are just about everywhere – the National Mall, Rock Creek Park, the George Washington Parkway – everywhere.
If you’re just getting into a running groove, or love to lace up your shoes every single morning at 6 a.m., there’s an upcoming DC spring race for you.
As for me, I’m looking more like the old lady who swallowed a basketball every single morning. Running might make me pee my pants at this point.
Here’s a look at DC spring races.
2014 DC Spring Races (The ones you can still sign up for):
- Crystal City 5K Fridays – 18 and 25, 2121 Crystal Drive, Arlington, $20 per race or $60 for the series. More information and registration:Crystal City 5K Fridays
- National Police Week 5K – May 10, 9 a.m., 400 F Street, NW, $40. Proceeds supporting Officer Down Memorial Page programs and research to uncover the stories of forgotten heroes. More information and registration:National Police Week 5K.
- Warrior Dash – Mary 10, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., 27963 Budds Creek Road, Mechanicsville, MD 20659, $70 (until April 8). Part of the world’s largest obstacle race series, the 3.17 mile moderately hilly run includes 12 obstacles, and supports St. Jude. More information and registration:Warrior Dash Maryland
- Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure 5K Run/Walk – May 10, 8 a.m. runner start, 8:15 a.m. walker start, 15th Street, NW near Constitution Avenue, NW, $35 – $40. More information and registration:Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure
Quintessential DC Spring Races:
- Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run
- Charlottesville Marathon/Half Marathon/8K
- GW Parkway Classic
- Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon/Marathon/5K
More DC Springtime Fun:
- Check out DC’s main event – the National Cherry Blossom Festival through mid-April
- Live like a local and check out the blossoms off the beaten path
- Sign up for swim lessons before the pools open this summer
- Do what your toddler really wants- here are a couple Easter crafts both toddler and mom can handle
- Take a bike ride on the Mt. Vernon Trail before the weather turns humid (hard to believe with the weather lately)