Earth Fare, an organic and natural foods grocery store just opened it’s newest location in Indianapolis (Greenwood) on July 16th. I took a tour of the new store to learn a little more about Earth Fare’s philosophy and see what the grocery store has to offer.
It was my first visit to an Earth Fare store and it got me super excited for the grand opening. Here are just a few things I know you will love about shopping at Earth Fare:
EARTH FARE FOOD PHILOSOPHY
I am always looking at labels. Yes, I look at fat and calorie content but it’s evolved over the years to look at so much more especially because of my children. It’s not that looking at labels is a bad thing, it’s just that it’s become disheartening. Sometimes I feel like I’m trying to weed through deceptive marketing strategies and long lists of crazy ingredients. At Earth Fare, I love that they stick to this food philosophy and EVERY PRODUCT meets this standard:
– high-fructose corn syrup
– artificial fats or artificial trans fats
– artificial colors
– artificial flavors
– artificial preservatives
– artificial sweeteners
– antibiotics or synthetic growth hormones in the fresh meat or dairy
– bleached or bromated flour.
And that’s when my shopping got a million times simpler. Sure, I still may need to look at how much fat is in those delicious chocolate truffles but grocery shopping just got a whole lot easier.
AMILY DINNER NIGHT
Your kids eat free every Thursday night. I know, right? Get your shopping done and reward those kids with a healthy dinner that you don’t have to cook. Up to six children with one paid adult. Read more about Family Dinner Night on the Earth Fare website.
Recommended for You
There is a lot of thought that has gone into Earth Fare and it shows. There are so many little things about Earth Fare that demonstrates their commitment to being the best natural food store and here are a few I’d like to share with you.
- Bulk foods are ready for you. Bring your own container if you’d like. You can make your own peanut butter right there in the store.
- The wellness center is stocked and has soaps, oils, make-up, sunscreen, baby food, and diapers, etc. etc. All clean and natural products. And if you have any questions, just ask the experts in the wellness center for help.
- Gluten free! Here! And here! Just to make it easy, you’ll spot gluten free products on wooden shelves throughout the aisles. There is no separate area – it’s all integrated. Just look for the wooden shelves to spot it quickly and easily.
- The “Real Low” prices are negotiated low prices on best-selling items that are every-day prices, not just a weekly special.
- In addition to the “real low” prices, there are also coupons available online, by e-mail or by text message.
You have a chance to win a $50 Earth Fare gift card! Enter below via Rafflecopter. The contest ends on August 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM EST. Good Luck!