How's your summer garden growing? Have you thought about how to preserve all your hard work?
This Saturday, August 16th, is International Can-It-Forward Day!
We've partnered with the folks at Ball Brand to help you celebrate Can-It-Forward Day with all the right tools. Your garden fruits and veggies and even your herb garden CAN now be preserved! We're giving away an awesome prize pack that includes:
- The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars (1 case of Pint-sized jars+ 1 case of Quart-sized jars): These limited edition jars commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Ball brothers’ “Perfection” Jar and come in a beautiful green tint. These are being produced only in 2014 and are available in both pint and quart variet
- Fresh Herb Keeper Many new to gardening start with herbs as an easy first step. To savor the seasonings, Ball has developed a new product to keep herbs fresh for up to two weeks.·
- Dry Herb Jars A perfectly-sized solution for storing your dried herbs. Great for storing seasonings, spices and rubs too! Stackable, low-profile design makes pantry or drawer storage more efficient than old, mis-matched containers.
- Frozen Herb Starters Preserve your fresh seasonings in ready to use cubes filled with butter, oil or other liquid for easy and flavorful meal starters.
- 5 Blade Herb Scissors Stainless steel blades to gently cut and evenly slice herbs like basil, parsley and cilantro.
- Ball Blue Book Offering 125 pages that will guide you while you learn about preserving, this book provides information on equipment, instructions for the preserving method and recipes!
Enter the Giveaway using the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends on Monday, August 18th at 12:00 pm (noon) MST.
What is the International Can-It-Forward Day? How can you participate?
New and experienced canners can participate both online and in-person. Celebrity Chef Hugh Acheson will be live at the Brooklyn Borough Hall Farmers Market, hosting canning demos and answering questions LIVE via a webcast on http://freshpreserving.com Not in Brooklyn, NY? You can also find events at 25 Farmers Markets across the country.
Want to learn more about the tools in the Prize Pack? Here's a review of these Ball Canning products.