My kids are already finished with school, which means it's time to kick our Summer Bucket List off with a fun Memorial Day Weekend. Since I'm such a fun mom, I decided to spend our first day of summer cleaning the house. Yep, I'm serious.
Being busy is all well and good, but coming back to a messy house makes home less than comforting for me. Luckily, my kids are little and don't have loud complaining voices when I announce a cleaning day. First up: Toys.
Here's the "it gets worse before it gets better" moment.
Two hours and one trash bag later:
One out of two kids actually helped. I call that success and surprised him with $1. Now we need to organize the toys that got returned to their respective bedrooms!
A few other things to get organized for a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants summer:
Recommended for You
- A basket by the back door, full of sunscreen, bug spray, and hats.
- Beach towels and swim suits in their own bag or closet shelf, ready to be loaded.
- First Aid update: Aloe, bug bite ointment, Neosporin, and Band-Aids
- Car needs: Small First Aid kit, sunscreen, picnic blanket, hair ties
- Food on hand: Popsicles, juice boxes, snack-size ziplocks for travel snacks
- iPad loaded with movies and games
- Mom: Stock up on razor blades, shaving cream, and after-shave lotion. Smoooovy!
Now that my Type-A needs have been met, I'm ready to make snow cones. Add "fake cherry sugar syrup" to my organization list.
What's on your list?
More summer resources: