When I was little, this is how the Power Rangers looked. Kind of like silk pajamas with masks. Like all of our other decades-old super heroes, the Power Rangers are revamped, shiny and new, and they're ready to emPOWER our kids.
In case you're not familiar with the Power Rangers, they're super heroes who are committed to
- Standing up for what's right
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Health & Physical fitness
- Caring & Friendship
Recommended for You
You can't go wrong with these attributes, right? On top of all this, they're coming out strong with the Power Rangers emPOWER program.
In an age where childhood obesity weighs heavily on our American minds, and during this eternal winter season of indoor boredom, this is exactly what our kids need. You can read Fitness Tips on the emPOWER site. Some things I like to do to maintain my kids' health in the winter include:
- Set up relay races in your longest hallway.
- Play on ride-on toys on basement's concrete floor (or move cars out of the garage for the action).
- Instead of an ice cream bar, make an apple bar. Serve sliced apples and let the kids go nuts with peanut butter, raisins, nuts and sprinkles.
- Go to a large superstore early in the morning. Set your kids free to run around (as long as they don't break things).
- Dance! for 15 minutes.
Additionally, Power Ranger emPOWER is running an in-school program during January-February 2011. They'll give Gym Class Kits to 4500 U.S. elementary schools, reaching more than 1.5 million students. If your school or child is participating in the Power Rangers in-school program, you can tell them about it on Facebook!
How is your family emPOWERing your kids?
This is a sponsored post, however, the opinions reflected are my own.