Listen, I know we came late to the party, but we are here to party all night long. In the last week my husband and I have burned through Downton Abbey Seasons 1 and 2. It's messed up our lives.
Have you seen this episode of Portlandia?
That's us. We can't eat. We can't sleep. We're just focused on queuing up the next episode on Hulu Plus. You know, until they run out. Like last night. And now, they are out until JANUARY. (all caps to emphasize yelling) Who starts their season in January? The English? Whatever.
In the meantime, this is what I'm left with. This is what we've become. Well, mostly, this is what's happened to my husband:
- During Downton, I'm not allowed to curse. According to my husband "That's not Masterpiece". (You know, because it's a Masterpiece Classic . . . get it . . .) So, now I've got Downton refining my behavior.
- My husband has started calling me Ma'Lady
- We're angry. We want Bates to grow a pair and quit worrying about being so honorable. We're mad at Lord Crowley and the maid. Thomas is the devil in an English suit. There's a lot to be angry about.
- We're probably going to quit our jobs and start making "Free Bates" t-shirts.
- My husband has taken in interest in these hats all of a sudden. I mean, I don't think anyone at Downton wears them, but they look English right? Well, yeah. He's been wearing one around the house. I'm sure next he'll venture outside with it.
So, yeah. What am I suppose to do now?
Need a little somthin' somethin' to tide you over until January? Here's 9 Downton Abbey Spoilers. Try to be strong.