The solar plexus chakra is located in the abdomen above the belly button and below the chest. It encompasses the stomach, liver, pancreas, adrenals, gall bladder, nervous system and muscles. It is yellow in color and represents your personal will power.
The solar plexus is our internal fire to get things done the way we want them done. Over-active solar plexus shows itself with emotional outbursts to what happens in your life…reactive. Under active solar plexus create indecisiveness and inactivity, allowing life to just carry you along. Solar plexus is the right to act.
Your exercise is Hollow Man
- Start lying on your back with your palms facing up, inhale through your nose
- Exhale out your mouth as you pull your belly button to your spine
- Squeeze your inner thighs together, chin to chest, and lift legs and shoulders off the earth
- Hold here for 5-10 breaths and up to 5-10 minutes
- Really focus on the exhale out your mouth and belly button pressing down to the spine to activate the solar plexus chakra
- When you’re done inhale and lower back to the earth and rest.
Your mantra is ‘I am Strong’ or ‘I Choose’ whichever one sits well with you. You may also choose both. Listen to your intuition. As always, listen to your body. If at any time during the pose you start to feel discomfort or pain, slowly ease out of the pose and rest. Yoga should never be painful.
Be sure to check out my blog for journal prompts to dive deeper into opening the chakras!
Love and Light,