Here it is! The big list of grown up cars you thought you'd never say you wanted to buy. But now you do. To my dismay, missing from the list was "The Swagger Wagon". If there were an award for best flipping over of a tea party table, the Toyota Sienna would win it all the way. However, apparently U.S. News didn't have that category top of mind when creating their "2012 Best Cars for Families" list.
The #1 top of mind issue for me when it comes to cars? Safety. Even more so since my husbands car accident. I want to know that whatever vehicle my family is rolling in is ready for the apocalypse. Safety is definitely one of the factors they use to build this list. However, I'd like to see which vehicle is #1 overall for safey.
Here they are (drumroll please):
2012 BEST CARS FOR FAMILIES AWARDS
- Affordable Compact SUV: 2012 Honda CR-V
- Full Size Car: 2012 Ford Taurus
- Affordable Full Size SUV: 2012 Toyota Sequoia
- Affordable Midsize Car: 2012 Ford Fusion
- Midsize SUV with Two Rows: 2012 Ford Edge
- Midsize SUV with Three Rows: 2012 Buick Enclave
- Compact Car: 2012 Subaru Impreza
- Subcompact Car: 2012 Honda Fit
- Hatchback: 2012 Honda Fit
Recommended for You
- Hybrid Car: 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Hybrid SUV: 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Luxury Compact SUV: 2012 BMW X3
- Luxury Full-Size SUV: 2012 Cadillac Escalade
- Luxury Midsize SUV: 2012 Acura MDX
- Minivan: Honda Odyssey
- Upscale Midsize Car: 2012 Buick Regal
- Upscale Small Car: 2012 Acura TSX
- Wagon: 2012 Subaru Outback
HOW DO THEY CHOOSE THE WINNERS?
For each category, the winning vehicle has the best combination of positive reviews from the automotive press, safety and reliability ratings, passenger and cargo space, as well as available features that are helpful for families. - U.S. News
THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION
If money were no object, and you could walk into a dealership (or your car purchasing arena of your choice) today, what vehicle would you choose and why?