- My fingernails, as in Stop Biting Them. This could actually be 10 things, right? This picture is called “shaming myself into resolution."
- My office. My FIL made this beautiful desk for us and we’ve done nothing to instill personality into this little office perch. I say perch because it’s a dormer window and I like to pretend I’m a bird sitting in my nest, watching the neighborhood.
- The kitchen desk. It is always FUBAR; a mess. Don't even get me started on the cabinet pulls and outlet covers.
- This blank wall in our front room. The window naturally frames it, and from the outside it looks like no one lives here. Well, it looks like someone swiped a paint sample on the wall and then moved away.
- The half-bath. It needs a wall color. What do you think?
- Displaying my photography. I took a series of photos at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, looking up at the glass ceiling where the Dale Chihuly glass sculpture "Fireworks" sits, and the pics are still just sitting in my computer. I can do better.
- The grass. It is eroding with the Bluegrass rains. This is more of a project for my husband, but I’ll provide moral support, help spread fresh topsoil and move the sprinkler during the day.
- My muscles. I’m too thin (don’t stick your tongue out at me) and need to gain some strength. P90X? Well, something.
- My heart. I am terrible at spending time in the Bible, so I’ll start with the book of John and go as slowly as I need to go.
- My marriage. I’m going to do one purposely thoughtful thing for my husband each week. Suggesting sex counts. Don’t laugh. When was the last time you did that?
- My smile. Meaning, I will smile more. Supposedly it’s contagious, and we could all use more smiles.
11 Things I’m Really, No Seriously, Going to Do in 2011 Even If It Kills Me and It Probably Will
"Things" make me feel like my resolution list is less about some out there goal and more like an awesome checklist that I can mark off as I accomplish them.