As the mother of a child with a congenital heart defect, I’m a strong supporter of educating the public about the #1 birth defect. However, unlike my child, many times those defects aren’t detected until it’s too late.
Plano-based Living for Zachary is a non-proﬁt organization with a mission dedicated to saving young lives from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). The organization was founded in honor of Zachary Schrah, who was only 16 years old when he collapsed during a high school football practice in Plano on April 2, 2009. After Zachary’s death, the Living for Zachary organization was established to raise awareness of undiagnosed heart issues in teens.
In efforts to raise money for screenings and defibrillators while educating the public, Living for Zachary is hosting itseducational forumon Feb. 15.
This FREE Educational Forum includes:
- FREE Living for Zachary heart screenings (youth ages 12-22)
- FREE health tests (more than 10 tests)
- FREE medical advice from our board of nationally recognized physicians
- Forum booths hosted by the top medical manufacturers and wellness companies in the world
- AED and CPR Training
- Heart-healthy cooking demonstrations
Recommended for You
HeartBeats Gala Educational Forum Presented by Living for Zachary
Friday, Feb. 15, 2013, 5:00-9:00pm
Omni Dallas Convention Center Hotel
555 S. Lamar Street, Downtown Dallas
Free admission, but registration is required
Looking for More Charitable Events?