Boxers are a particular favorite of ours.
Here I am with current furry family member — Jessie. She is quite honestly, the BEST DOG EVER IN ALL THE LAND. She loves my kids, hangs close to me all day while the kids are away, greets me every morning like I’m her favorite person in the whole world, and is appropriately intimidating when strangers ring my doorbell.
Jessie is my 10th dog and while all of them have taught me how to love and be loved, there are a few life lessons that living with a dog, particularly a dog and small children, can teach.
1. Every party needs streamers.
2. Puppies have two speeds. 1. Adorable. 2. OMGSTOPBITINGME
3. It pays to have a good poker face.
4. DON’T EAT BEES.
5. If you need a pick-me-up, walk the kiddos to the bus stop.
6. Kids and dogs go together like peanut butter and jelly.
7. BE CAREFUL.
8. Never turn down a nap.
9. Make friends with the new kid. Even if the new kid is sort of a punk at first.
10. If you ask really nicely, people will usually share. Their bacon.
11. Kids just want you to stop and sit by them for a little while.
12. Go to Grandma and Grandpa’s house every opportunity you get. There house is WAY more fun.
13. Cuddling is always a good idea.
14. The best part of the day is when the school bus brings the kiddos back.
15. Neighborhood watch is everyone’s responsibility.
16. Even the manliest of men will melt when you hand them a puppy.
So, you can well imagine that as a dog lover, I OF COURSE, clicked on the trailer for A Dog’s Purpose…
I’M NOT CRYING, YOU’RE CRYING. But in a good way! This movie looks so sweet and wonderful and I will be buying my ticket to catch this on the big screen with my family when it comes out on January 27th.
While you wait to head to the theater, you can make your very own #ADogsPurpose movie poster using a photo of your favorite furry friend and share it using the tag #MyDogsPurpose and your pup could even be featured in the film’s campaign!
I couldn’t help myself…
See you at the movies!