But I do have some Valentines Day Recipes up my sleeve that I can use on any anniversary or special occasion. Here are a few of my bookmarked favorites that are fairly easy to make even if you’ve never been on Top Chef. I usually make recipes healthier with my own substitutes like honey for sugar, ½ whole wheat instead of just white flour, grass fed or no antibbiotics/hormones for meat, etc.
- Valentine Pizza Recipe: Bet you didn’t think of making a heart shaped pizza! Great for a family lunch or dinner on Valentine’s day. I’m not a big fan of pizza sauce, we prefer to top ours with pesto, portabello mushrooms, caramelized onions, and freshly grated raw milk cheddar cheese. My bread maker makes the dough for us. Yum! (image: allrecipes.com)
- Poached Shrimp with Lemon-Horseradish Dipping Sauce: Easy and delicious, may be served as appetizer or make more to be served with a side for the main course. Of course, how it is served can make or break the ‘romantic’ feel. (image: epicurious.com)
- Seared Duck Breast with Cherries and Port Sauce: I love duck! At least when it is well prepared (my mother is good at it). This recipe takes it up a notch in presentation and who wouldn’t like something different from the ordinary everyday chicken. (image: epicurious.com)
- Strawberry Salad with Sugared Almonds: Not exactly in season, but perfect with that duck or shrimp. It may not be right for a husband that isn’t adventurous with food though, strawberries with salad – you know. (image: simplebites.net)
Recommended for You
- Almond Cakes with Chocolate Passion-Fruit Sauce: Valentine’s Day is all about desserts. Kids can help make cakes ahead of time so that there is less work the day you want to serve them. (image: epicurious.com)
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie: Feeling lazy? Short on time? How about this for dessert, easy breezy – even with toddlers as helpers. (image: 101cookbooks.com)
- Chocolate Beet Cupcakes: Perfect for Valentine’s, nutritionally packed, your kids (and their friends) will never know they’re getting their serving of veggies! (image: simplebites.net)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Whole Wheat Crust: A twist on a classic that anyone will love. (image: simplebites.net)
Do you have any favorite Valentines Day Recipes that you would like to share?