Look no further! This simple recipe will keep your taste buds happy and time on your side. Stuffed Red Bell Peppers Recipe:
Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
4 large red peppers
1T olive oil
1 chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1T fresh garlic chopped
1 package ground turkey
3/4 cup low fat mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Take red peppers, slice off top and remove seeds from center.
- In a medium size pan, saute onion, garlic, mushrooms and green peppers.
- Mix in ground turkey and cook until warm. (Doesn’t need to be cooked all the way as it is going to spend time in the oven).
- Note: if you like a little spice, try adding 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp. paprika or a pinch of red pepper flakes to mixture.
- In a small bowl mix mozzarella and parmesan cheese together.
- Stand red peppers up on their end and add 1 cup of sausage mixture to each pepper and top off with 1/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Cover cookie sheet in aluminum foil.
- Place peppers on cookie sheet and back for 35 mins.
10) Serve over brown rice and enjoy!