For every flavor of cake mix, there's a fun flavor of cookie! This unique recipe perfectly captures the yummy flavor of strawberry cake mix and cheesecake pudding. These soft and chewy cake mix cookies with pudding mix are amazing for Valentine's Day, birthday parties, or anytime you feel like you need pink cookies in your life!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients:
1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
1 Small Box Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix
1 Stick Butter, melted
1 Tbsp Milk
1 Cup Chocolate Chips or M&Ms
Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Mix Cookies Method:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cake mix and pudding mix. (Do not prepare the pudding, leave it dry.) Add the eggs, melted butter, and milk. Stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips or m&m's. Use cookie scoop to equally scoop cookies onto baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes (skipping this step can result in cookies spreading).
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
Can you freeze cheese cake cookies?
Take advantage of this awesome cake mix cookies hack! Freezing your cake mix cookies is really easy. There are a couple of different ways of doing of freezing cookies, but the best way is outlined below.
1. Make your cake mix cookie recipe like you would normally, but stop short of forming the dough balls and baking them.
2. Chill your cake mix cookie dough in fridge for about an hour. Let the dough firm up. You’re going to want to make sure it’s cold enough for the next step in the freezing process.
3. Using a cookie scoop (uniformity is important), scoop cookie dough into balls and roll them so they are nice and round. Make sure they are equal in size and weight as much as possible.
4. Place each cake mix cookie dough ball on a cookie sheet (parchment paper is optional—they peel off rather easily after frozen). Don’t worry about having them bunched together. They won’t expand in the freezer like they do in the oven.
5. Put the cookie sheet with your evenly rounded cookie dough balls into the freezer for at least one hour until they are slightly frozen, but not super-frozen. The goal is for the cake mix cookie dough balls to maintain they’re shape for the next step.
6. Gently remove the frozen cookie dough balls off the cookie sheet and place in a Ziploc bag. Place the frozen cake mix cookie dough balls into the freezer. Important: Write the date on the bag, along with how long to cook, and what temperature.
7. How long can you freeze cake mix cookie dough balls? The quicker you use them, the better the cake mix cookie. Don’t go more than 4-5 months. After 3 months, the quality of the cake mix cookie really declines.
8. To bake after frozen, just place the frozen cake mix cookie dough ball on a cookie sheet, let them come to room temperature (about 20-30 minutes), then bake according to the instructions that came with the original recipe or what is listed on the freezer bag.
What variations can I add to this cake mix recipe?
There are so many variations to this recipe. We highlight adding chocolate chips and/or M&Ms in the recipe above. Below are some of our suggestions to really make this strawberry cake mix cookie recipe pop!
· Chocolate Chips – Okay…so we already mentioned this, but let’s dive a little deeper. There is a major difference in chocolate chip types. Some people favor one preference over the other. Just know there is a difference. We recommend using one of these three for this cake mix cookie recipe: semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate, or white chocolate chip. Once again, you can definitely taste the difference between semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips. A one-two combo punch is to combine one of the cocoa based (semi-sweet or milk chocolate) with a white chocolate chip.
· Whipped Cream – It might seem a tad bit indulgent to add whipped cream, until you realize you are making a cookie with foundations in cheesecake 😉
· Cream Cheese Frosting – Perhaps the best component of cake mix cookies is that you can add frosting to almost ANY recipe, and it tastes really good. Is that because they have the word “cake” in them, and we are accustomed to having frosting on “cake” or that these cake mix cookies actually taste a little bit better with frosting is beside the point. Add this little wrinkle to this strawberry cheesecake cake mix cookie recipe and you won’t be disappointed.
The Ultimate Guide To The Web’s Best Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
Hey, do you have a baking cookie problem? All right, well, lots of people do. Can we talk frankly about it for a minute? What’s going to happen if your cookie problem continues? What if you can’t help it and it continues to be a thorn in your side?
Now, that’s pretty bleak. But, I want to ask you something else. What would happen if we got this handled? What would your life be like if you could make the most delicious cookies with half the ingredients half the time and half the effort? What would your life be like if you didn’t hesitate or feel anxious every time that recipe rested on the counter-top staring back at you? What would your life be like if you stopped worrying if your neighbors liked your cookies and instead KNEW they loved them?
So, all you need to do is check out our monster recipe list of the best cake mix cookie recipes you can find on the web. We got you covered.