They are healthy and so tasty that kids and adults alike will be happy. I love how they don’t have any butter or oil but are still moist. They only have 1/4 cup of sugar in them so they are not overly sweet. I like to use muffin liners and then freeze the leftovers for school lunches or after-school snacks. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour(I like to use whole wheat flour that has been ground from soft white wheat)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 whole bananas, mashed
- 1-2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries(I used frozen, no need to defrost)
Recommended for You
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Stir together.
- Add in the mashed banana and milk. Stir gently until all ingredients are combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop into muffin tins (line with liners or grease the pans).
- Bake in a an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees F. Bake for about 18-22 minutes. (I noticed that using frozen blueberries will take a bit longer, just keep an eye on them. Stick a toothpick in a muffin and when it comes out clean they are done!)