After perusing through my awesome and huge dessert pinterest board, I decided to make these. Good choice. And a happy mother’s day to me. Because that’s what we all want for mother’s day, right? Something chocolate and some cookie dough. Bam! Winner. These are over the top delicious! The brownies are pretty much the best brownies I’ve ever had, and the cookie dough, is well…cookie dough. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
For the brownies:
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray or lined with parchment paper (or I used this sweet pan lining paper).
2.Stir cocoa and baking soda in a bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup butter, boiling water. Stir until mixture thickens.
Recommended for You
3.Stir in the sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup butter. Stir until smooth.
4.Add flour, vanilla and salt. Blend completely.
5.Pour batter into prepared 9 x 13 dish. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Check for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center (if it comes out clean, the brownies are done).
6.Let the brownies cool completely.
For the cookie dough frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter (one cube), at room temperature (not hard, not melty)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl combine the butter and sugars. Cream until fluffy and texture is very light.
- Beat in the vanilla and the milk.
- Add in the flour and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- When the brownies are completely cool, spread the cookie dough frosting over the top with a spatula. Carefully but into squares and store in the fridge until it’s time to eat!