My husband said to me the other day, you girls (meaning me and my sisters-in-law) should plan something for Sunday dinner for my mom. I kind of looked at him and then he said, “maybe me and my brothers will do it.” I said “um, yeah, I’m a mom and I think you should cook for me and for your mom!” Ha ha! Well these recipes are easy enough for anyone to do! Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!
Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
1 1/4 lbs chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces
4 oz canned mushrooms, drained
1 oz packet of dry Ranch dressing
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese(reduced fat works great)
Combine chicken and mushrooms in slow cooker. Sprinkle ranch over the top. Dissolve bouillon in one cup of boiling water. Pour over chicken. Make sure chicken is completely covered by liquid. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir in soup and cream cheese. Stir until melted and warmed. Serve over rice.
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 tbsp cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Mix together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Spread over the bottow of slow cooker.
- Mix together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in slow cooker.
- Pour in boiling water. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Both of these recipes deserve 5 stars for taste and simplicity in preparing! Make sure to buy the vanilla ice cream for the dessert. It just isn’t the same without it.