This Memorial Day celebrate American history and kick off the summer season the healthy way with a wholesome patriotic feast.
Whether you are city grilling or having a backyard BBQ, a festive fruity dessert is a perfect way to top off your summertime celebration, and an easy way to work in Just One More serving of fruit to your Memorial Day meal.
Visit www.eatjustonemore.com to find easy and delicious desserts that the entire party will enjoy.
Chill-out with Very Cherry Fruit Pops, get in the summer spirit with a Tropical Fruit Crisp, or pack in the fruity flavor with Easy Fruit Bavarian.
Very Cherry Fruit Pops
- 2 cans(15 oz each) DEL MONTE® Very Cherry™ Mixed Fruit
- 8 (3oz.) paper cups or popsicle molds
- 8 popsicle sticks or plastic spoons
- Pour 1 can fruit with syrup into blender or food processor.
- Drain second can of fruit and pour syrup into blender; blend until smooth.
- Spoon fruit evenly into paper cups. Pour fruit puree into cups. Insert sticks in center.
- Freeze until solid (5 hours or overnight).
Tropical Fruit Crisp
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 jars (24 oz. each) DEL MONTE® SunFresh® Tropical Mixed Fruit, drained
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Pour fruit in a 10x8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle crumb mixture over top.
- Bake in 350°F oven, 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Easy Fruit Bavarian
- 1 or 8-3/4 can or oz DEL MONTE® Fruit Cocktail
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 or 8 carton or oz plain yogurt
- 1/8 tsp lemon peel
Drain fruit cocktail reserving syrup. Pour reserved syrup and water in small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid; heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in sugar until dissolved. Blend in yogurt and lemon peel; chill until partially set. Fold in fruit. Spoon in decorative glasses; chill until set.
You can find this recipe along with other summer dishes and healthy living tips at www.eatjustonemore.com