I read the ingredients label on a bag of microwaved popcorn yesterday. That was a mistake.
Once you know what you’re putting into your (and your kid’s) body, it kind of makes you re-think some of the Bags Of Yellow Death, as The Todd calls them. Here’s a wonderful tutorial on making homemade microwave popcorn–much cheaper and a trillion times healthier than the store bought stuff. This tutorial comes to you courtesy of SquakFox.com
Homemade Microwave Popcorn:
Fold the bag over twice. Don’t use staples to secure the bag — this might spark in your microwave.
Step Three: Pop in microwave
Stick the popcorn bag into your microwave. I set mine for 3 minutes on high.
Recommended for You
Hit the popcorn button on your microwave. Thaaaat’s about it.
Popping Tip: Stop the microwave when the popping slows to one to two pops per second. You don’t want to burn your tasty snack.
Step Four: Add gourmet topping
A pinch of salt with a dab of butter is the most popular way to eat popcorn.
Try these toppings for some gourmet popcorn:
- Mexican: Add chili powder, hot sauce, and salt.
- Kiss My Breath: Shake in onion powder and garlic powder — hold the kiss.
- Cheese Please: Mix in Parmesan cheese with a little salt.
- Sweet Tooth: A dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of sugar, and a topper of honey. Now that’s money.
- Classic: A shake of salt with a pat of butter.