Looking to scare up some fun in the kitchen? Try the Jack-o-Lantern Pizza from the California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook. If you grab a copy at your local California Pizza Kitchen, a 100% of the proceeds go to children’s charities nationwide.
1 lb. Traditional or Honey-Wheat Pizza Dough
1/4 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
2 cups Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
12 oz Mini Chocolate Chips
2 cups Whipped Cream
1 cup Candy Corn
Chocolate Kisses (2 per pizza)
Recommended for You
- Place a seasoned (or oiled) pizza stone in the middle of your oven and preheat to 450˚ F for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll and shape dough into 1 large, 2 medium, or 4 individual pumpkin-shaped crusts with raised rims, and place on a floured pizza peel. If making 4 pizzas, prepare 2 at a time.
- Place the sugar in a fine-mesh strainer and sift a thin, even layer of sugar over the dough. This will caramelize as the pizza bakes.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 5 minutes to set the dough. Once all of the crusts have been partially cooked, spread each with a thin layer of pumpkin pie filling and return to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the filling is set. Remove from the oven and allow the pizzas to cool.
- Decorate the pizzas using mini chocolate chips to represent the vertical lines, whipped cream for the eyes and mouth, chocolate kisses for the eyeballs, and candy corn for the teeth.
The Mama’s Guide to Halloween
Halloween can be busy. Halloween can be fun. Halloween can be extremely stressful. The costumes, the decorations, crafts, activities, school parties, trick or treating, kids safety, food, recipes,...we get it. You’re most likely feeling overwhelmed with this spooky holiday. We’ve been there before too. Halloween is meant to be fun for everyone, not wear you down with all the minutiae of the holiday festivities! We’re here to help! Here’s what every Mama needs to know about Halloween. The Mama’s Guide to Halloween provides Halloween tips, tricks, resources, recipes, activities, costume ideas, and more!
More Halloween Fun on TodaysMama.com