Chicken Taco Patties. This easy spin on chicken tacos will please kids and parents alike! Check out the March issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray on newsstands March 18th!
Chicken Taco Patties
It’s easy to control the heat on these babies – just serve the jalapenos, taco sauce and extra onion on the side!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (a palmful)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, shredded
- 1 cup taco sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup onion, jalapenos, chili powder, grill seasoning and garlic. Form four patties.
- Have a Grown-Up Helper (GH) heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Have your GH add the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side. When they’re almost done, top each patty with a mound of cheese and cook until melted. Layer the bun bottoms with the lettuce, a chicken patty, taco sauce, extra onion and a bun top.