The spices and flavors are so delicious, I assumed it would take hours upon hours to develop the perfect taste. As I have been tackling my stay at home mom role, I have been searching for new recipes that fit into our family budget and are easy to make. Just recently, I made Coconut Tofu Keema that were absolutely delicious and insanely simple. This recipe was adapted from All Recipes.
Coconut Tofu Keema
1/4 Cup – olive oil
1 T – garlic, minced
1 – large onion, chopped
1 – 16 oz – extra firm tofu, diced
1 – 16 oz can light coconut milk
2 T – ground cumin
2 t – curry powder
3 t – ground ginger
1 t – salt
1 T – red pepper
48 oz – tomato sauce
12 oz – frozen peas
1-1/2 Cups – carrots, peeled and chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Stir in garlic and onion.
- After about 5 minutes, stir in tofu and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, tomato sauce, cumin, curry powder, ginger, salt and red pepper; bring to simmer.
- Stir in peas and carrots; simmer, covered for 30+ minutes.
- Serve over rice or with naan.
Take good care and be well mamas!