They’ll bring heaven to your kitchen and your mouth and your tummy. They will basically make all your wildest dreams come true. That is if you have dreams like I do…peanut butter and chocolate dreams. Try them. You won’t be sad, I promise.
Makes a 9×13 pan…you decide how many that serves
- 1 yellow cake mix, unprepared
- 5 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted room temperature butter
- 1-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the cake mix, 5 Tbsp melted butter and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined then stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Place the dough into a greased 9×13 inch pan. Using your hands or the back of a spoon press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees F. You’ll want to bake for about 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven, how well done you like your cookies, etc.)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (I put mine in the freezer, so I could hurry up and get to the next step).
- Beat together the peanut butter, 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup powdered sugar until well combined and smooth. Add more powdered sugar as needed to get the consistency you prefer. Set aside.
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and add in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate is melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the cooled cookie bars. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Smooth with a spatula and then place the bars in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!