Maybe it is the chilly Seattle weather, but I have been making soups like it is going out of style. One recipe that I made, makes my husband’s top 10 list. It is the Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder. I just laugh because we make this at least once every other week, it is that delicious! I am not just tooting my own horn, see for yourself. This recipe was adapted from Food Network’s Chicken and Corn Chowder.
- In a stock pot, combine onions, frozen corn, bacon and chicken. Cook until the onions are translucent in color.
- Add 4 chicken bullion cubes to the pot and 32 oz of water or 32 oz of chicken broth.
- Add diced potatoes.
- Boil for about 20 minutes, making sure the potatoes are super soft and falling apart.
- Once the potatoes are ready to go, turn the heat on simmer and pour in 8 oz of heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some green onions, jalepeno or cheese to add as a topping.
Recommended for You
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1/2 pound thick bacon, diced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 – 8oz bag of frozen corn
- 8oz of heavy cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
Happy New Years! Be well and take good care mamas!
The Mama’s Guide to Soup
Soup! We all have our favorites. We all have our quick and easy soup recipes, our family favorites, the ones only you know about, and the side dishes that perfectly pair with that warm bowl yummy. Today’s Mama wanted to share all of the soup recipes, tips, secrets, and hacks we’ve come to love and enjoy. The Mama’s Guide to Soup is packed with recipes, tips, tricks, resources, and more! To learn more, check out our extensive guide to soups.