This recipe is easy and can be made 100 different ways (or more!). We're sharing the recipe + 20 great ideas to mix it up from our Facebook fans. Enjoy!
Lazy Cookie Cake
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix (we like Butter Cake)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips (we like M&M's, or dark chocolate chips with white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together all ingredients and spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
2 Minutes After
Double Chocolate Red Velvet Lazy Cookie Cake
Here's our latest take on Lazy Cookie Cake! Perfect for Valentine's Day or Christmas!
Ideas and Variations from our Facebook Fans
- Black and White: How about trying a chocolate cake mix, the 2 eggs and 5 Tbs butter. Then add white chocolate chips and macadamia (chopped) nuts to the mix. -- Judee
- More Butter: I made this last night. It was awesome! My girlfriend liked it too! I did use the whole stick of butter, though. I'm sure Paula Deen would approve of that move!! -- Zack
- Golden Buttery Cake Mix: I've done this recipe at least 3 times since I saw it. Sooooo good. I find it's better with the golden buttery cake mix. Stays moist for longer. -- Trish
- Cookie Cake Sandwiches: I made this but used 2 small pizza pans to make cookie cake. After I cooked them I removed the cookies from the pans and covered one cookie with ice cream. Then I topped that with the other cookie and put it in the freezer. When I served it I drizzled chocolate syrup over the top. It was delicious. -- Kelly
- Funfetti + Smashed Bananas: I've made these a few times with different cake mixes. I did a funfetti cake mix smashed banana and chocolate chips! And another one with chocolate cake mix and the mini Reese pieces baking chips and both were DELICIOUS!!! And one of the easiest things EVER! My kids love them. -- Pam
- Red Velvet: Try red velvet cake mix and white chocolate chip. -- Mom K.
- Peanut Butter: Yellow cake mix, peanut butter chips and milk chocolate frosting. -- Mary
- Pumpkin: I make pumpkin muffins/bread with 2 boxes spice cake mix and 1 can Libby's easy pumpkin pie can pumpkin. -- Tina
- More Eggs: I made it tonight used 3 eggs turned out great! -- Krystal
- German Chocolate: I vote for German chocolate cake add coconut and pecans. -- Terry F.
- Gluten Free: Yay! Easy to make with Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake mix. Win for gluten intolerant vs. Yummy desserts! -- Shannon G.
- Get Crazy: I'm thinking of triple chocolate with chocolate cake mix white chocolate chips and then chocolate chips also you could do spice with butterscotch chips OMG you could do a yellow cake mix with bananas and white chocolate chips! -- Elaine G.
- Spice Cake: Spice cake mix and butterscotch chips!! -- Linda C.
- More Chocolate: Absolutely decadent! When it came out of the oven, I poured another half cup, I think, of chocolate chips on top. They melted rather quickly and I had a delicious frosting for my cookie cake. -- Krystal S.
- Add Cherries: I added bing cherries and was a huge hit. Needs to back closer to 30 minutes. -- Lisa H.
- Lemon: Try lemon cake mix with crushed lemon drops and 1/4 tsp. lemon extract. -- Dian T.
- Caramel Pecan: I'm thinking of caramel chips and pecans as well with the chocolate chips -- Tracy V.
- Hint of Orange: use a teaspoon of orange extract, change to white morsels and add macadamias for some delicious blondies. -- Karen C.
- Marshmallows: Chocolate mix, with chocolate chips bake until almost done cover with marshmallows return to oven until marshmallows plump. Soften chocolate frosting and pour over. Let cool. -- Lisa B.
Cookie Bar Variation from Maura C.
If you want a cookie bar instead of cake, these are awesome too:
- 1 Package yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cups sugar
- Chocolate chips
Melt butter, mix ingredients together with chocolate chips and press into cookie sheet. Bake at 350. For 10 minutes.
I've made them with triple chocolate fudge cake as well! Always have ingredients on hand for my 15 year old and his friends
Got Ideas For Cake Mix Cookies?
Leave a comment and tell us how you'd mix this cake up!