The weather is warming up beautifully here in Florida and all the stores and markets are filled with amazing fruits and vegetables. I just love Spring!! I also love smoothies. I start everyday with a smoothie, what better way is there to fill your body with amazing nutrients all in one sitting? And have it taste good??
I wanted to share one of my recent creations, a Blueberry Banana Power Smoothie. You may ask, what makes this “Power Smoothie”? Blueberries are amazing for you, and I added in turmeric and cinnamon, they don’t compromise the flavor of your smoothie and are great for you. I tossed in some Chia Seeds too. These little guys are packed full of fiber and lots of other good stuff, so I have been adding them to my smoothies daily. Plus, since they are so tiny, a container will last you a long time!
Now, here is my Blueberry Banana Power Smoothie Recipe. Be sure to Pin It and Bookmark this page so that you can make it again and again.
What You Need:
- 6 baby carrots
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of organic greens – I used what was in my frig (Spring Mix)
- 1/2 cup blueberries – I used frozen, but you don’t have to
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- You can add in a scoop of your favorite Protein Powder**
- 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 4 oz coconut water – you can also use milk, almond milk, coconut milk, tap water. etc
What You Do:
- Place all ingredients in your blending device
- Blend until smooth
Go ahead, take a sip
I put greens and carrots in just about every smoothie I make, both are veggies that you don’t taste all that much and again…are great for you!
Looking for more smoothie creations…here are a few of my favorites:
What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes?