Is Peter Cottontail ready to hop down the bunny trail at your house? He still has some work to do in our neighborhood. I just boiled a pot of eggs this morning, and dying will happen as an after-school activity this week. I’m definitely getting in a festive mood, and I had made fun making these tasty pretzel cereal bars over the weekend. The candy coated pretzels made the marshmallow coating swirled with pastel colors, making these a perfect Easter treat!
They do need to be refrigerated to get them to hold together and are still a bit more crumbly than traditional rice crispy treat. It’s worth it for the salty pretzels, whole grain Cheerios, and hearty texture if you ask me. Put a smile on your kids’ faces with this fun no-bake dessert!
Easy Pretzel Cereal Bars
Author: Andi Gleeson
Prep Time: 75 minutes
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
- 4 c. Cheerios cereal
- 1 c. broken pretzel sticks
- 1 c. candy-coated pretzels
- Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, heat butter for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme, and heat for 30-60 seconds longer (stirring after 30 seconds), until smooth.
- Stir cereal, pretzels, and candies into marshmallow mixture until evenly coated. Press cereal into prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting and serving.
Recommended for You
Don’t miss these other easy, no-bake dessert ideas: