If your family loves pizza and spaghetti, then this Pizza Pasta BakeFamily Dinnerwill be your new favorite easy dinner recipe!
Why should anyone have to decide between pasta and pizza? They are both so satisfying, and this dish brings them together to please everyone in your family. The generous helping of ooey-gooey melted mozzarella sets this tasty casserole apart from your average pasta recipe, and the crispy pepperoni on top makes for a fun dinner.
Pizza Pasta Bake
Author: Andi Gleeson
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 14-oz. bite-sized pasta
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage (or uncooked sausage links with casings removed) ½ onion, finely diced
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 28 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1 ½ c. shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz. sliced pepperoni
Recommended for You
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Spray a 9 x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and heat it over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and mushrooms to the hot skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring and breaking up meat frequently.
- Add pasta sauce to the sausage, and bring to a simmer. Stir in spinach, and cook until wilted, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or the pasta cooking pot), stir together pasta and sauce mixture. Transfer pasta to prepared baking dish. Spread mozzarella over the pasta, and arrange pepperoni slices in an even layer over the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni are starting to brown.
Looking for more easy, kid-friendly dinners? Don’t miss these at The Weary Chef!