We’ve got two quick and easy tilapia recipes that you can get on the dinner table in 30 minutes or less!
Toasted Coconut Tilapia with Pomegranate Salsa
Total time: 30 minutes
4 tilapia fillets or loins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 lemon, cut in half
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Juice of 1/2 orange
1/4 teaspoon salt
- To toast coconut, add to a saucepan over low-medium heat and stir, cooking for about 4-5 minutes. As soon as mine starts to turn golden, I use a wooden spoon and toss continuously until it’s evenly toasted. Set aside.
- Season tilapia on both sides with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Once the oil is completely melted, add tilapia and cook until the edges are opaque, about 3-4 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the fish. Immediately cover in half of the toasted coconut mixture, and as the fish cooks the coconut will somewhat “adhere” to it.
- Once the tilapia is easily flaked with a fork, remove it from the skillet and top with the remaining toasted coconut if desired. Serve with pomegranate salsa on top!
- For salsa - combine all ingredients together and mix! Can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Blackened Tilapia Tacos
Total time: 30 minutes
1 tbs. butter
2 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. each of garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme
½ tsp. salt and black pepper
Pinch of brown sugar.
2 tbs. cooking oil (canola, vegetable, or avocado oil work)
- Rinse Regal Springs Tilapia loins with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, stir all of the spices together.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and brush loins on both sides. (Use oil as a substitute)
- Generously cover loins with spice blend, coating both sides.
- Heat up 2 tbs. oil in a pan until extremely hot.
- Place loins in hot oil and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place on warm corn tortilla with desired additions.
Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- Thinly slice one red onion.
- In a pot mix a cup of red onion vinegar, ¼ cup of brown sugar and a tsp. salt until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and cover for 30 minutes.
- Drain liquid and enjoy!
Jicama Orange Salsa:
- Cut up 1 jicama and 1 orange into small cubes.
- Mix with lime juice (½-1 lime depending on preference).
- Add salt to reach desired flavor.