In college my roommate made these amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cake-mix cookies. I had never had something so perfectly pumpkiny-this was back before you could find absolutely everything pumpkin spice and it blew my mind! They have been a favorite ever since and a staple at our house every fall.
SEE MORE CAKE MIX COOKIES:
The recipe fits right in with the rest of our cake mix series, only it's even easier to make than the rest of them. It's 3 ingredients!!! THREE. Life could not be easier and more delicious!
A few tips and tricks:
- In a pinch I have made these with other plain cake mixes and added a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. They turned out amazing.
- Don't use anything other than dark chocolate chips. You could maybe get away with semi-sweet, but absolutely do not use milk chocolate. They are way too sweet!
- This recipe doubles very easily if you only have a large can of pumpkin.
- If you're looking to avoid using cake mix you can find my "from scratch" version here.
- BONUS: no eggs mean you can eat this cookie dough with a spoon, raw and guilt free.
SEE MORE: The Best Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 small can pumpkin
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips.
- Mix all ingredients.
- With a cookie or cupcake scoop, plop balls of batter on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes and allow to cool on the cookie sheet.
They really are that easy and such a crowd-pleaser! I make these for every event we have in the fall-halloween parties, thanksgiving get-togethers and treats for neighbors and every time they are the favorite.
What's your favorite go-to fall treat?
See more at TodaysMama.com!