It's hard not to fall off the health wagon with all the Halloween goodies everywhere. Certified nutritionist, personal trainer and exercise physiologist, Franci Cohen, relies on these tasty and healthy pumpkin cranberry mini muffins to get her going in the mornings:
Pumpkin Cranberry Mini Breakfast Muffins:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (or fresh oats finely ground into a flour)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Combine pumpkin, beaten egg, oil and milk in a separate bowl.
5. Make a well in dry ingredients and ddd pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Lastly, fold in cranberries.
6. Fill muffin cups and bake for 17-22 minutes.