Healthy Mango Lassi with Aloe Water
What's a lassi? A lassi is a sweet or savory Indian drink made from a yogurt or buttermilk base with water.
We think that "lassi" must mean delicious.
- 2 mangos
- 1 1/3 cups plain lactose-free Kefir
- ½ cup C20 Pure Coconut Water Without Pulp
- 2 tablespoons Royal Jelly Raw Honey
- 2 tablespoons NEXT STEP Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Juice
1. Cut the top and bottom off the mango. Stand it up on the fatter cut side. Peel the mango with a chef’s knife, running it along the edges and turning the fruit clockwise until all the skin is removed. Remove the flesh on either side of the oblong pit and trim away any remaining pieces. Roughly chop the mango and add it to a food processor or blender along with the remaining ingredients.
2. Puree until smooth. Divide between four 10-ounce glasses and chill until ready to serve.
Makes four 8-ounce servings
Recipes Created by Chef Phoebe Lapine, Exclusively for the Vitamin Shoppe