These chocolate turtle devils food cake mix cookies are just what you need as you send your kiddos off to school for the year! Curling up with a few of these, a glass of milk and all the TV you're not allowed to watch while they're home is what mom dreams are made of. They are so decadent for how easy it is to make them. Be warned-the caramel goodness is sticky and will cling hours after consumption causing you to look a lot like cookie monster as you welcome your children home for school. That happened to a friend of mine, not me.
This recipe is a continuation of our list of cookie cake recipes for the year with one variation: instead of butter I used oil! Oil was suggested for use when making actual cookies and with a little finesse it worked awesome! You can see some of our other cake mix cookies recipes here:
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (Coconut works great too)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Jar Caramel Topping
1/2 Cup Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix Cake Mix, Oil, Eggs, and Chocolate Chips.
3. Roll into 1" balls and line up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure to make balls more tall than wide.
4. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes.
5. Press you thumb into the middle of each cookie as it cools (being careful not to burn yourself).
6. Allow Cookies to cool.
7. Drizzle Caramel Topping in the middle and top with Pecans.
See more at TodaysMama.com!