Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls
Using your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, form the bowl on the bottom of a muffin tin and bake. Then just let cool and fill the bowls with Chocolate Chip ice cream and serve your family's new favorite sundae!
YOU WILL NEED:
- DREYER'S GRAND Chocolate Chip ice cream or SLOW CHURNED® Chocolate Chip light ice cream
- Chocolate chip cookie dough (made from your favorite recipe, we used this recipe: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Consider using mini chips, or mini M & M's instead of regular size chips for a more even texture and baking
- Muffin tin
- Whip up some cookie dough using your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Split the batch of dough into two equal portions.
- Roll out the first portion with a rolling pin and cut into circles slightly larger than the bottom of each hole in the muffin tin.
- Roll the second portion into 12 small balls.
- Mold your cookie bowls around an upside-down muffin tin. We recommend creating a base by placing a small ball of cookie dough on top of each cup, then wrapping with a circular cutout of flattened cookie dough.
- Bake according to your favorite cookie recipe instructions and let cookie bowls cool.
- Add scoops of ice cream, and get ready to smile! (We also like to drizzle some hot fudge over the cookie bowls!)
Images and Recipe from Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream
- You can do this with just about any cookie dough you'd like! I avoid using cookie recipes that spread flat on the pan when baked as cookies. They bake too thin for the cookie bowl. I like to use a thicker cookie recipe.
- Add flour to your cookie recipe if the bowls are too thin
- Let the bowls completely cool before trying to remove them
- If the corners of the bowls cook together, separate and shape them a little bit right when they come out of the oven and let them cool that way (I use a knife and a spoon to gently go around the corners at the base if my cup was too big. I then let them cool until they are ready to remove.)
Our Favorite Hot Fudge Recipe
- Combine 1/2 C. Hershey's Cocoa and 3/4 C. sugar in sauce pan
- Blend in 2/3 C. evaporated milk and 1/3 C. light corn syrup
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils
- Boil and stir for 1 minute
- Remove from heat
- Stir in 1/3 C. butter and 1 tsp. vanilla
- Serve warm
(also stores well and is delicious by the spoon-full from the refrigerator!)
More Tasty Treats on TodaysMama.com!